Do you know the AZ-305 Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification exam is one of the top 10 highest paying certifications? Experts estimate that the worldwide cloud service market will grow exponentially to $331 billion in revenue by 2022. In addition, Microsoft Azure has a significant market capitalization in cloud services. It can boost Professional career development by being an Azure Certified expert in technical skills, credibility, and compensation.
The topics covered in this blog are:
- AZ-305 Certification Overview
- Who is Azure Solutions Architect?
- Who is this Certification for?
- Benefits of AZ-305 Certification
- AZ-305 Exam Details
- AZ-305 Exam Skills Measured
- How to Register for Azure AZ 305 Exam
- Pre-requisites for AZ-305 Certification
- AZ-305 Study Guide
AZ-305 Certification Overview
AZ-305: Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions is for candidates with subject matter knowledge in developing cloud and hybrid solutions. It runs on Microsoft Azure, including computation, network, storage, monitoring, and security.
Among other responsibilities, this position entails collaborating with stakeholders and transforming business demands into designs for secure, scalable, and dependable Azure solutions. An Azure solutions architect expert collaborates with developers, administrators, and other roles engaged in the implementation of Azure solutions.
The AZ-305: Designing Microsoft certified azure solutions architect expert exam, which will be released in November 2021, is a new expert-level exam for Solutions Architect. The AZ 305 exam will take the place of the AZ-303 (Azure Architect Technologies) and AZ-304 (Azure Architect Design) examinations, which will both be phased out on March 31, 2022.
For this AZ-305 exam, the students should be familiar with the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework and Microsoft Azure Well-Architected Framework for building and implementing Azure solutions architecture.
Who Is Azure Solutions Architect?
Azure Solutions Architects are experts in building cloud and hybrid solutions for Microsoft Azure, including compute, network, storage, monitoring, and security. In addition, the Solutions Architect is knowledgeable in IT operations, virtualization, identity management, disaster recovery, business continuity, data platforms, and governance.
Who This Certification Is For?
Microsoft certified azure solutions architect expert certification is for those who are interested in becoming Azure cloud architects.
Azure Solutions Architects advise stakeholders and businesses on how to expand their Azure Solutions in terms of security, design, architecture, and dependability. They collaborate with developers and administrators to adapt and implement the Azure system’s design and architecture solutions. If you’re interested in such roles and responsibilities, you should look into becoming a Microsoft Certified: Azure solutions architect expert.
Benefits of AZ-305 Certification
- The AZ-305 certification qualifies you as a qualified professional with an in-depth understanding of Azure Roles & Responsibilities.
- It aids you in receiving a larger raise and attracting more attractive offers.
- Updating your profile with this certificate will help you develop your career and increase your chances of being hired.
- AZ 305 also allows you to deliver a high level of recognition within the company.
- Microsoft tends to bloom, with a 19% market share and continual innovation, and so the demand for Microsoft certified azure solutions architect expert would skyrocket.
Also Check: ADF Interview Questions
AZ-305 Exam Details
Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions: Exam AZ-305
Multiple Choice Examination
Number of Questions
Advanced experience and knowledge of IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platforms, and governance.
AZ-305 Exam Skills Measured
Design identity, governance, and monitoring solutions
Design data storage solutions
Design business continuity solutions
Design infrastructure solutions
How to Register for Azure AZ 305 Exam
You can register for the Azure Solutions Architect Certification (AZ-305 Exam) by going to the Official Microsoft Page.
Prerequisite for AZ-305 Certification
- IT operations experience and knowledge, such as networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platforms, and governance, are required for this test.
- They must be aware of how their actions in each area affect the overall solution.
- Students preparing for AZ-305 need to have prior knowledge of Azure Administration, Azure Development, and DevOps practices.
AZ-305 Study Guide
Design Identity, Governance, and Monitoring Solutions (25-30%)
Design a solution for logging and monitoring
- Design a log routing solution
- Recommend an appropriate level of logging
- Recommend monitoring tools for a solution
Design authentication and authorization solutions
- Recommend a solution for securing resources with role-based access control
- Recommend an identity management solution
- Recommend a solution for securing identities
- recommend an organizational and hierarchical structure for Azure resources
- recommend a solution for enforcing and auditing compliance
Design identities and access for applications
- Recommend solutions to allow applications to access Azure resources
- Recommend a solution that securely stores passwords and secrets
- Recommend a solution for integrating applications into Azure Active Directory (Azure AD)
- Recommend a user consent solution for applications
Design Data Storage Solutions (25-30%)
Design a data storage solution for relational data
- Recommend database service tier sizing
- Recommend a solution for database scalability
- Recommend a solution for encrypting data at rest, data in transmission, and data in use
Design data integration
- Recommend a solution for data integration
- Recommend a solution for data analysis
Recommend a data storage solution
- Recommend a solution for storing relational data
- Recommend a solution for storing semi-structured data
- Recommend a solution for storing non-relational data
Design a data storage solution for non-relational data
- Recommend access control solutions to data storage
- Recommend a data storage solution to balance features, performance, and cost
- Design a data solution for protection and durability
Design Business Continuity Solutions (10-15%)
Design a solution for backup and disaster recovery
- Recommend a recovery solution for Azure, hybrid, and on-premises workloads that meets recovery objectives (Recovery Time Objective [RTO], Recovery Level Objective [RLO], Recovery Point Objective [RPO])
- Understand the recovery solutions for containers
- Recommend a backup and recovery solution for compute
- Recommend a backup and recovery solution for databases
- Recommend a backup and recovery solution for unstructured data
Design for high availability
- Identify the availability requirements of Azure resources
- Recommend a high availability solution for compute
- Recommend a high availability solution for non-relational data storage
- Recommend a high availability solution for relational data storage
Design Infrastructure Solutions (25-30%)
Design a compute solution
- Recommend a virtual machine-based compute solution
- Recommend an appropriately sized compute solution based on workload requirements
- Recommend a container-based compute solution
- Recommend a serverless-based compute solution
Design an application architecture
- Recommend a caching solution for applications
- Recommend a messaging architecture
- Recommend an event-driven architecture
- Recommend an automated deployment solution for your applications
- Recommend an application configuration management solution
- Recommend a solution for API integration
- Evaluate a migration solution that leverages the Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure
- Assess and interpret on-premises servers, data, and applications for migration
- Recommend a solution for migrating applications and virtual machines
- Recommend a solution for migrating databases
- Recommend a solution for migrating unstructured data
Design network solutions
- Recommend a network architecture solution based on workload requirements
- Recommend a connectivity solution that connects Azure resources to the internet
- Recommend a connectivity solution that connects Azure resources to on-premises networks
- Optimize network performance for applications
- Recommend a solution to optimize network security
- Recommend a load balancing and routing solution
AZ-305 is a new test with a new number, indicating that it has changed significantly and that more than a third of the exam content has changed. Microsoft certified azure solutions architect expert is a way to upskill yourself and excel in your career.
- AZ-305: Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert Study Guide PDF
- AZ-600: Azure Stack Hub Operator Associate Exam Study Guide
- AZ-700: Azure Network Engineer Associate Exam Study Guide
- DP-203: Microsoft Azure Data Engineer Associate Exam Study Guide
- DP-100: Microsoft Azure Data Scientist Associate Exam Study Guide
- PL-300: Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst Associate Exam Study Guide