Microsoft keeps evolving its programs to assist you and your career keep pace with today’s demanding IT environments. The AZ 600 certification will help you keep pace with today’s business requirements.
Microsoft Learning is constantly evolving its learning program to better offer what people need to skill up, prove their expertise to recruiters and peers, and get the recognition and opportunities you’ve earned.
The topics covered in this blog are:
- AZ-600 Certification Overview
- Who is the Azure Stack Hub Operator?
- Who is this Certification for?
- Azure Stack Hub Operator Responsibilities
- Benefits of AZ-600 Certification
- AZ-600 Exam Details
- AZ-600 Exam Skills Measured
- How to Register for Azure AZ 600 Exam
- Pre-requisites for AZ-600 Certification
- AZ 600 Study Guide
- AZ-600 Exam Retake Policy
AZ-600 Certification Overview
Microsoft Azure offers the AZ-600: Configuring and Operating a Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure with Microsoft Azure Stack Hub certification course. Candidates will gain a thorough grasp of creating and managing a hybrid cloud system, which will help them prepare for and pass the AZ-600 test.
Students will be able to do the following after completing this AZ 600 course:
- They can prepare for the deployment of Azure Stack Hub.
- Manage Azure Stack Hub infrastructure certificates.
- Organize the Azure Stack Hub signup process.
- Create a home directory for Azure Stack Hub.
- Create an Azure Stack Hub service principle.
- Students can recommend a plan for business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR).
- Using privileged endpoints, manage Azure Stack Hub.
- Students can manage the Azure Stack Hub Marketplace.
- They can offer App Services and Event Hubs resource
- They can manage Billing and usage.
Are you new to Azure Cloud? Do check out our blog post on the Microsoft Azure Certification Path and choose the best certification for you.
Who is the Azure Stack Hub Operator?
Azure Stack Hub operators who use Azure Stack Hub to deliver cloud services to end-users or clients from within their own data center are the candidates for the Azure Stack Hub Operator Associate certification.
Azure Stack Hub Operators are in charge of planning, deploying, packaging, updating, and maintaining the Azure Stack Hub infrastructure.
These people also manage infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) and deliver hybrid cloud resources and required services (PaaS).
These operators work as part of a bigger team dedicated to cloud-based management and security or hybrid environments as a part of an end-to-end infrastructure.
This AZ 600 certification requires students to have ample experience managing and maintaining Azure Stack Hub environments. Students should have a solid awareness of Azure and familiarity with virtualization, networking, and identity management. They must understand how Azure Stack Hub facilitates DevOps and the hybrid development architecture.
Who is this certification for?
- This course is for those who configure and manage a Hybrid Cloud with Microsoft Azure Stack Hub or are interested in becoming Azure Stack Hub operators.
- The AZ 600 certification is for those who use Azure Stack Hub to provide cloud services to end-users or clients from their own data center.
Azure Stack Hub Operator Responsibilities
The AZ-600 exam, Configuring and Operating a Hybrid Cloud with Microsoft Azure Stack Hub, is for people who work as Azure administrators or Azure Stack Hub operators. They are in charge of:
- First, they can use Azure Stack Hub to provide cloud services to end-users or clients within their own data center.
- Second, they must plan the Azure Stack Hub infrastructure, deploy, package, update, and maintain.
- Finally, they provide hybrid cloud resources, and managing infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) is also important (PaaS).
- Following that, they work as part of a bigger team focused on cloud-based management and security as part of an end-to-end infrastructure.
Check Out: Azure Data Factory Interview Questions
Benefits of AZ-600 Certification
- By earning AZ-600 certification, you can demonstrate skills to become a Hybrid Cloud administrator for Azure Stack Hub.
- Demonstrate skills for Azure Stack Hub deployment, manage infrastructure certificates for Azure Stack Hub, configure home directory on Azure Stack Hub, and Provision service principal.
- Students can Exhibit abilities to handle windows virtual desktop session hosts and monitor and manage its performance.
AZ-600 Exam Details
Exam Name AZ-600: Configuring and Operating a Hybrid Cloud with Microsoft Azure Stack Hub Exam Exam Duration 120 Minutes Exam Type Scenario-based single answer questions, multiple-choice questions, arrange in the correct sequence type questions, and drag & drop type questions. Number of Questions 110 Questions Exam Fee $165 Eligibility/Pre-Requisite Understanding of network configurations Understanding of active directory concepts Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies Exam validity 2 years Exam Languages English, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), Korean
AZ-600: Configuring and Operating a Hybrid Cloud with Microsoft Azure Stack Hub Exam
Scenario-based single answer questions, multiple-choice questions, arrange in the correct sequence type questions, and drag & drop type questions.
Number of Questions
Understanding of network configurations
Understanding of active directory concepts
Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies
English, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), Korean
AZ-600 Exam Skills Measured
Provide Services 30-35% Implement Data Center Integration 15-20% Manage Identity and Access 10-15% Manage Infrastructure 30-35%
Implement Data Center Integration
Manage Identity and Access
Also Check: What is Azure?
How to Register for Azure AZ-600 Exam
You can register for the Azure Stack Hub Operator certification (AZ-600 Exam) by going to the Official Microsoft Page.
Prerequisites for AZ 600 Certification
Candidates should have prior knowledge of operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, and networking as prerequisites for Microsoft exam AZ-600:
- Knowledge of on-premises virtualization technologies, such as virtual machines and virtual networking
- These are all network configuration examples: TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Domains, forests, and domain controllers are all topics in Active Directory that need to be understood.
AZ-600 Study Guide
Provide services (30-35%)
Manage Azure Stack Hub Marketplace
- Populate Azure Stack Hub Marketplace in a disconnected environment
- Create a custom Azure Stack Hub Marketplace item
- Manage lifecycle for Azure Stack Hub Marketplace items
Offer an App Service resource provider
- Plan an App Service resource provider deployment
- Deploy an App Service resource provider
- Update an App Service resource provider
- Scale roles based on capacity requirements
- Rotate App Service secrets and certificates
- Manage worker tiers
- Back up App Service
Offer an Event Hubs resource provider
- Plan an Event Hubs resource provider deployment
- Deploy an Event Hubs resource provider
- Update an Event Hubs resource provider
- Rotate Event Hubs secrets and certificates
- Create and manage quotas
- Create and manage plans
- Create and manage offers
- Create and manage user subscriptions
- Change user subscription owner
Manage usage and billing
- Set up usage data reporting
- View and retrieve usage data by using the Usage API
- Manage usage and billing in multi-tenant and CSP scenarios
Implement data center integration (15-20%)
Prepare for Azure Stack Hub deployment
- Recommend a name resolution strategy
- Recommend a public and internal IP strategy
- Recommend a data center firewall integration strategy
- Recommend an identity provider
- Validate identity provider integration
- Configure the Time Server (NTP)
Manage infrastructure certificates for Azure Stack Hub
- Recommend a certificate strategy
- Validate the certificates
- Run secret rotation PowerShell cmdlet for external certificates
Manage Azure Stack Hub registration
- Recommend a registration model
- Register in a connected environment
- Register in a disconnected environment
Manage identity and access (10-15%)
- Configure Azure Stack Hub home directory
- Register the guest tenant directory with Azure Stack Hub
- Disable multi-tenancy
- Update guest tenant directory
- Identify an appropriate method for access (service principal, users, groups)
- Provision a service principal for Azure Stack Hub
- Recommend a permission model
- Configure access in Azure Stack Hub
- Create a custom role
Manage infrastructure (30-35%)
Manage system health
- Recommend a monitoring strategy
- Monitor system health by using the REST API
- Includes resource providers such as Event Hubs
- Monitor system health by using syslog server
- Manage field replacement or repair
- Configure automatic diagnostic log collection
- Collect diagnostic logs on demand by using PowerShell
- Configure syslog forwarding for Azure Stack Hub infrastructure
Plan and configure business continuity and disaster recovery
- Recommend a business continuity disaster recovery (BCDR) strategy
- Recommend a strategy for infrastructure backups
- Configure storage target for infrastructure backups
- Configure certificates for infrastructure backups
- Configure frequency and retention policy for infrastructure backups
- Plan for system capacity
- Manage partitioned GPUs
- Add nodes
- Manage storage capacity
- Azure Stack Hub storage capacity planning
- Add IP pools
- Update Azure Stack Hub
- Download and import update packages manually
- Update Azure AD home directory
Manage Azure Stack Hub by using privileged endpoints
- Access the privileged endpoint
- Configure the cloud admin user role
- Unlock a support session
- Close the session on the privileged endpoint
- Stop and start Azure Stack Hub
- Perform system diagnostics by using Test-AzureStack
AZ-600 Exam Retake Policy
The AZ-600 exam retake policy is as follows:
- If a candidate fails on the first attempt, they must wait for 24 hours before retaking the exam.
- If a candidate again fails on the second attempt, then the candidate will have to wait for 14 days.
Candidates will benefit from AZ-600 paths and groupings designed to help them keep up with today’s rapidly changing IT settings. By boosting the candidate’s knowledge, this amazing enhanced certificate will strengthen the candidate’s capacity to keep up with the pace of today’s known commitments.
- AZ-600: Microsoft Azure Stack Hub Operator Associate Study Guide PDF
- DP-203: Microsoft Azure Data Engineer Associate Exam Study Guide
- DP-100: Microsoft Azure Data Scientist Associate Exam Study Guide
- PL-300: Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst Associate Exam Study Guide
- DP-300: Microsoft Azure Database Administrator Exam Study Guide
- AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Engineer Exam Study Guide