The Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure or AZ-204 test surveys the up-and-comer’s capacity to foster Azure figure arrangements, produce for Azure capacity, carry out Azure security, screen, investigate, upgrade Azure arrangements, and interface with and consume Azure and outsider administrations.
To be a Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate, you should accept the Microsoft AZ-204 test. Contrasted with other Microsoft job-based assessments, AZ-204 is a partner-level test with a halfway trouble.
The topics covered in this blog are:
- What Is Azure Developer Certification?
- Who Can Do This Certification?
- Why Become an Azure Developer?
- Benefits of AZ-204 Certification
- AZ-204 Exam Details
- AZ-204 Exam Skills Measured
- How to Register for Azure AZ 204 Exam
- Pre-requisites for AZ-204 Certification
- AZ 204 Study Guide
- AZ-204 Exam Retake Policy
- AZ 204 Exam Day Tips
What Is Azure Developer Certification?
This affirmation is meant for Information and Technology, and cloud experts who have 1-2 years of involvement being developing devices and cycles and wish to take their insight to a higher level by finishing the AZ-204 test.
The test, as per Microsoft, expects that you have or assemble a solid information base around:
- Azure SDKs
- Azure PowerShell
- Azure CLI
- Information capacity choices
- Information associations
- Application verification and approval
- Register and holder organization
- Execution tuning
Are you new to the Azure cloud? Do check out our blog post on the Azure Certification Path 2023 and choose the best certification for you.
Who Can Do This Certification?
The certification is meant for these people:
- Applicants filling in as Azure Engineers.
- The individuals who have topic skill planning, building, testing, and keeping up with cloud applications.
- Individuals who are cloud DBAs and cloud executives.
- Individuals who have an essential comprehension of systems administration and virtualization.
- The individuals who are great at the execution of cloud arrangements
Why Become an Azure Developer?
The reasons why one should become an Azure Developer are:
- By getting your certification in this field, you will likely see career growth which in turn increases your earnings.
- If flexibility is what you are looking for when it comes to your career, a Microsoft Azure certification can offer you just that.
- You learn how theoretical concepts can be used to solve business problems.
Benefits of AZ-204 Certification
The benefits of AZ-204 certification are:
- Cloud Technology previously, present, and future.
- As talked before the changes of the businesses lead to the interest for Cloud Computing experts will keep on developing.
- Better possibilities of getting shortlisted for a meeting with the testament.
- It gives security to your work.
- This confirmation is essential for the DevOps test.
Check Out: Azure Data Factory Interview Questions and Answers
AZ-204 Exam Details
Microsoft Azure AZ-204: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure
Multiple Choice Examination
Number of Questions
40 - 60 Questions
English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese
AZ-204 Exam Skills Measured
Develop Azure compute solutions
Develop for Azure storage
Implement Azure security
Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize Azure solutions
Connect to and consume Azure services and third-party services
How to Register for Azure AZ 204 Exam
You can register for the Microsoft Azure Developer Associate (AZ-204) Exam by going to the official Microsoft page.
Pre-requisites for AZ-204 Certification
Microsoft recommends the following prerequisites for the AZ-204 Exam:
- Candidates should have one to two years of professional expertise in cloud solution development and Microsoft Azure.
- Candidates should have potential competence in programming in a high-level programming language supported by Azure.
AZ 204 Study Guide
Develop Azure Compute Solutions (25-30%)
Implement IaaS solutions
- provision virtual machines (VMs)
- configure, validate, and deploy ARM templates
- configure container images for solutions
- publish an image to the Azure Container Registry
- run containers by using Azure Container Instance
Create Azure App Service Web Apps
- create an Azure App Service Web App
- enable diagnostics logging
- deploy code to a web app
- configure web app settings including SSL, API settings, and connection strings
- implement autoscaling rules including scheduled autoscaling and autoscaling by operational or system metrics
Implement Azure functions
- create and deploy Azure Functions apps
- implement input and output bindings for a function
- implement function triggers by using data operations, timers, and webhooks
- implement Azure Durable Functions
- implement custom handlers
Develop for Azure Storage (15-20%)
Develop solutions that use Cosmos DB storage
- select the appropriate API and SDK for a solution
- implement partitioning schemes and partition keys
- perform operations on data and Cosmos DB containers
- set the appropriate consistency level for operations
- manage change feed notifications
Develop solutions that use blob storage
- move items in Blob storage between storage accounts or containers
- set and retrieve properties and metadata
- perform operations on data by using the appropriate SDK
- implement storage policies, and data archiving and retention
Implement Azure Security (20-25%)
Implement user authentication and authorization
- authenticate and authorize users by using the Microsoft Identity platform
- authenticate and authorize users and apps by using Azure Active Directory
- create and implement shared access signatures
Implement secure cloud solutions
- secure app configuration data by using App Configuration Azure Key Vault
- develop code that uses keys, secrets, and certificates stored in Azure Key Vault
- implement solutions that interact with Microsoft Graph
Monitor, Troubleshoot, and Optimize Azure Solutions (15-20%)
Integrate caching and content delivery within solutions
- Configure cache and expiration policies
- Configure cache and expiration policies for Azure Redis Cache
- Implement secure and optimized application cache patterns including data sizing, connections, encryption, and expiration
Troubleshoot solutions using metrics and log data
- configure an app or service to use Application Insights
- Review and analyze metrics and log data
- implement Application Insights web tests and alerts
Connect to and Consume Azure Services and third-party services (15- 20%)
Implement API Management
- Create an APIM instance
- Configure authentication for APIs
- Define policies for APIs
Develop event-based solutions
- implement solutions that use Azure Event Grid
- Implement solutions that use Azure Notification Hubs
- implement solutions that use Azure Event Hub
- Import OpenAPI definitions
Develop message-based solutions
- implement solutions that use Azure Service Bus
- implement solutions that use Azure Queue Storage queues
Exam Retake Policy
- As a matter of first importance, assuming that an applicant fizzles on the primary endeavor, he/she needs to stand by 24 hours before retaking the test.
- Furthermore, if he/she falls flat on the second endeavor, they should wait for 14 days to retake the test.
- And lastly, the candidate can take a limit of 5 retakes in a year.
AZ-204 Exam Day Tips
It is smarter to check in something like 30 minutes before the assessment. Using time productively is one of the urgent boundaries in this test. Every one of the members is given a commencement clock in the Azure Fundamentals certificate test. Besides, certain queries in the AZ-204 test won’t permit the member to return and expect to be addressed immediately.
The competitor should painstakingly peruse the directions before beginning the Microsoft AZ-204 assessment. It is smarter to unwind before the beginning of the test.
AZ 204 Azure Developer Associate test was an extreme one. Since this Microsoft Certification is planned and planned for Software designers or cloud engineers, you can expect that it is more specialized and isn’t generally so natural as any essentials test.
The base breezing through the score for this test is 700. Assuming you have finished AZ-204, you can finish the AZ-400 to get the Azure DevOps Expert certificate, which tests your start to finish cloud information.
Q1. How long is AZ 204 valid?
AZ-204: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure Certification will remain valid for two years.
Q2. How long is the AZ-204 exam?
AZ-204 exam is 150 minutes long.
Q3. How many questions are there in the AZ-204 exam?
The Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure AZ-204 exam has 40-60 questions.
Q4. What is the passing score for AZ-204?
The passing score for the Microsoft AZ-204 exam is 700 out of 1000 marks.
Q5. How much does AZ 204 cost?
The PL-300 exam costs $165 USD.
Q6. What is the average salary of AZ-204?
The average salary of an Azure Developer Associate (certified with AZ-204) can vary depending on factors such as location, company, years of experience, and other skills and certifications. However, according to the data from Payscale, the average salary for an Azure Developer is around $91,000 per year in the United States, with the salary range typically between $68,000 and $127,000 per year. It is important to note that this is just an estimate, and salaries may vary based on individual circumstances.